As a certified health insurance broker for Medicare, we assist our clients in finding the right coverage that meets the needs and budget of each individual. We provide a one-stop shop to purchase insurance coverage, allowing clients to compare various plans from different companies.
What is Medicare?
Medicare is a fee-for-service health care program for seniors 65 and older, younger people with disabilities and people with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) in which the government pays health care providers directly for services that fall under Parts A and B of Medicare benefits. Medicare also allows for prescription benefits through Medicare Part D.
- Part A (hospital insurance): Covers hospital care, emergency services, nursing home care, home health services and hospice.
- Part B (medical insurance): Covers medically necessary services and supplies used for diagnosing and treating medical conditions, and preventative services for prevention and/or early detection. Examples doctor visits, outpatient procedures, mental health care and ambulance services.
- Part D: Offers prescription drug coverage.
There are several alternative plans, offered through Insurance companies that you can choose from for additional coverage. Each plan must offer at least the same coverage as Original Medicare. These alternatives include:
- Medicare Supplement plans that offer coverage’s to fill the gaps that are not covered under Original Medicare’s Parts A & B. This can be written along side a Medicare Part D that covers your prescriptions.
- Medicare Advantage Plans, similar to an HMO, where you receive all your Medicare Part A and Part B benefits. These plans can also include a prescription benefit.